Brainstorm Consulting provides essential tools for new and existing business owners to enhance their understanding and techniques of business practices. Although we understand that each vision creates goals there are essential building blocks that are necessary to develop a strong foundation. Our consultants have the knowledge and ability to turn your vision into a reality by developing a business plan, working capital strategy and strategic implementation plan.

Have you taken the time to plan for the new year?

I used to be a ‘fly-by-the-seat-of-my-pants’ kind of girl. But when things started slipping through the cracks, I realized I needed better planning skills.
A recent article in the Associated Press reminded me how essential it is to plan for your business. And although this article focused on the financial aspects of planning, I think it’s important to take a wide view, and plan for everything.
So each year around this time, I write out my plan for the year, then break it done into specific goals and objectives. I also re-evaluate all my business relationships.
Once the plan is completed, do I deviate from it and go back to my ‘flying’ days. Occasionally, but I actually check in on the plan every month or so to make sure I am still on course.
How about you? Do you plan each year? Do you follow it?